Human Rights in the Picture is committed to ensuring the privacy of all our users. This policy represents our commitment as an organisation to your right to privacy, giving you a clear explanation about how we use your information and your rights over that information.
What types of information do we collect and how?
The type and amount of information we receive and store depends on how you use our website. You can access most of the pages on our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information.
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- When you make a donation to us
- When you apply for a job or volunteering opportunity with us
- When you email us or contact us in another way.
If you choose to provide it, we can collect the following types of personal information from you:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Credit card details
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To update you on our campaigns and activities
- To ask you to donate or get involved in our campaigns
- To action your expression of interest in joining Human Rights in the Picture
- To process donations that we receive from you
- To administer and progress your applications for employment or volunteering opportunities with us
We take appropriate security measures to ensure that we keep your information secure, accurate and up to date. We also take care to ensure that we have secure systems for processing payments through our payment services provider. However the transmission of information over the Internet is never completely secure, so while we do our best to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our websites.
Third Party Websites
On our website we sometimes have links to third party websites or applications. This policy does not apply to such pages or applications hosted or operated by other organisations. These other sites may have their own privacy policies which apply to them.
Hosting and processing arrangements
Our websites are hosted by third party service providers and therefore any personal details you submit through them may be processed by that third party service provider.
We also use other third parties to process your personal details including in the following areas: To process online payments
Payment processing and fraud
Where submitted, your card details may be disclosed to banks or relevant financial institutions to arrange payments. In the case of a suspected fraudulent transaction, your details may be further disclosed for the sole purpose of performing further checks (for example, disclosure to a credit checking agency).
We may also share your personal information with your permission, or if we are legally required to disclose your information in circumstances where this cannot be reasonably resisted.
A cookie is a text-only piece of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will normally contain the name of the Internet domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
If you wish to restrict or block cookies you can set your internet browser to do so – click on the following link for more information:www.aboutcookies.org.
Access to and your rights over your personal information
The personal data we hold about you is yours. You have the following rights over your information:
- To be informed how your data is being processed
- To access your data
- To rectify any data that is inaccurate
- To instruct us to delete your data
- To restrict our processing of your data (which includes contacting you via email) at any time.
- To object to your data being stored.
- To move your data
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or have any questions about this policy you may contact us in the following ways:
- By post: Human Rights in the Picture Molenstraat 16-A, 2513 BK The Hague
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: + 31 (0) 6 110 28 466